Vengurla’s proximity to Goa ensures that you can get to your home easily, and yet you’re insulated from the hustle and bustle of tourists. Fly into Goa and drive to Waikiki. Or even better, cruise through the waters and pilot your yacht straight up to your private jetty. The Sindhudurg airport is already under construction and within a year you could land right in your backyard, while Mopa International Airport in Goa will be only a 45 min drive.
- Fly - The present airport at Dabolim is two hours away. The Sindhudurg airport being constructed at Chipi is just 30 minutes away and Mopa International Airport at Goa will only take 45 min by road.
- Drive - It takes just over an hour to drive here from Panjim, Candolim, Calangute or Baga and about 45 minutes from the northern beaches such as Morjim.
- Take a train - Kudal railway station, on the Konkan rail network, is just half an hour's drive from Vengurla.
- Take a boat - Use your speedboat from Goa to zip down to within yards of your home within 30 to 45 mins.
A range of hills surrounds Vengurla to the North, East and South. The Arabian Sea is to the West. The area has lush plantations of mango, coconut, and cashew and several varieties of berry trees.
Vengurla Rock has been designated an Important Bird Area (IBA) and is home to several varieties of nesting birds. The rock formations sustain several species of marine life including corals and Sargassum.
Development around Vengurla
- An airport is being constructed at Chipi, about 30 minutes from Waikiki.
- An international airport is planned at Mopa, Goa, about 45 minutes away.
- A scenic coastal highway - the Sagari Mahamarg makes it easier to drive down to the Konkan regions and to the beaches of north Goa such as Arambol and Morjim.
- The Konkan railway connects the coastal belt from Mumbai to Trivandrum.
- Several historical and religious sites – the lighthouse, jetty and the Shiva temple at Sagareshwar – are just a walk away.
- A world class water park along the lines of Sea World and an F1 track are coming up at Sindhudurg.
- Several resorts by top notch developers are in the planning with the first 5 star property expected to start operations within a few months.
"The beauty of Sagareshwara beach at Vengurla has also been captured in an episode of NDTV Good Times"....
Activities, Food, and Fun
Pack your day with activities or tread a quieter pace, there are plenty of ways to spend your day:
- Explore the beaches – the beautiful Sagareshwar beach is in your backyard, while some of the most pristine beaches of the Konkan coast are just a short drive away.
- Go scuba diving or snorkelling at Sindhudurg fort.
- Take a dolphin cruise around the bay.
- Rent a bicycle and explore Navabag village through mango and coconut plantations. Or visit Vengurla city and take in the sights and sounds of the main market street.
- Visit the jetty and the Dutch factory, or climb the lighthouse for a spectacular view over the bay.
- Go bird watching.
- Sample the local Malvani cuisine with its own unique spices and flavours.
- At Vengurla you’ll get the most mouth-watering sea food and the freshest selection of fish, prawns, and crabs. The country chicken cooked in malvan style is a great delicacy. And don’t forget to ask for solkadi – a sweet and spicy drink to wash down and digest all that good food.